Wildscreen USA currently has no vacancies.
ARKive Environmental Education Intern
Our goal is to increase awareness of ARKive and ARKive Education by fostering educational connections in 5 key states in 2013: Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. The successful applicant will support ARKive education and outreach by contacting local and national education associations, uploading links to ARKive Education lessons on teacher resource platforms and helping to build a local engagement plan bringing ARKive to teachers and classrooms in the DC, MD and VA area. Additionally, the Environmental Education & Outreach Intern will help create fun, interesting, and engaging activities and games for students of all ages using ARKive materials. The more creativity, the better!
The internship will be unpaid and coincide with the spring university semester with a possibility of extending into the summer. Ideal candidates must have their own laptop, should be in an undergrad/grad program focused on education and/or biology and the environment. Teaching experience is a plus but not required.
Successful candidates will have:
- experience in education with experience in environmental education a plus
- excellent computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word and other Microsoft programs
- experience with Adobe programs and/or graphic design skills a plus
- outstanding attention to detail
- ability to act on own initiative, but also to know when to seek advice
- interest in threatened species conservation through outreach and education
- a sense of humor!
This position is an excellent opportunity to experience working in an international non-profit with extensive contacts in the science education and conservation fields. Wildscreen USA is located near Union Station in Washington DC. Interns will enjoy unlimited gourmet coffee and tea. The internship start and end dates are flexible.
If you are interested, please submit a statement of interest and resume to email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you!
ARKive Marketing and Outreach Intern
The ARKive Marketing and Outreach Intern will focus on promoting the mission of ARKive through directed online outreach efforts, marketing projects, and social media. A typical day for the Marketing and Outreach Intern would include crafting emails or making phone calls to potential ARKive conservation and education partners in support of the marketing effort, drafting blogs for the ARKive website, writing tweets and any other duties as assigned to support ARKive’s presence in social media, performing occasional species research and other supporting tasks as assigned. Performing various administrative and event-related tasks will also play an integral part of the intern’s role.
- Assisting with outreach and linking efforts to zoos and aquariums, botanical gardens, and nature centers
- Assisting with social media and blog efforts
- Assisting with internet-based research projects
- Preparing for and attending local events to represent and speak about ARKive to the public
- Other responsibilities as they develop
Candidates will have:
- Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills
- Be very comfortable sending emails and making phone calls to potential ARKive partners
- An educational background in marketing or communications is a plus
- General knowledge and enthusiasm for conservation and the environment
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, and some Adobe CS4 experience a plus
- Proven ability to multitask, plan and meet deadlines under time constraints, and work independently and collaboratively
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to act on own initiative, but also to know when to seek advice
- A sense of humor is a must!
This unpaid internship is an excellent opportunity to experience working in conservation non-profit. Wildscreen USA is located near Union Station in Washington DC. Interns will enjoy unlimited gourmet coffee and tea and a dynamic but laid-back working environment. The internship start and end dates are flexible.
If you are interested, please submit a statement of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will accept rolling applications, and look forward to hearing from you!
Are you passionate about wildlife conservation? Do you have a love of nature film and photography? Are you interested in donating your time to help spread the word about Wildscreen USA and our goal to promote the public appreciation of biodiversity and the conservation of nature through the power of wildlife imagery? If so, then you could be a great addition to the Wildscreen USA volunteer team. We are always on the look out for dependable, dedicated volunteers to join our staff at local events to speak to the public about Wildscreen USA initiatives and assist with special projects. If interested, email email@example.com for more information!