Wildscreen USA’s contact details are:
1250 24th Street NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20037
Wildscreen USA recognizes that the lawful and correct treatment of personal data is very important to successful operations and to maintaining confidence between ourselves and our users. Any personal data which we collect, record or use in any way whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media will have appropriate safeguards applied to it to ensure that we comply with District of Columbia law.
What we collect
Wildscreen USA only collects personal information that is voluntarily given to us, such as name and email address. This may happen when you register to receive e-newsletters.
What we do with the information we gather
The information we collect is used to communicate with our supporters and donors, to improve the content of our website and the ARKive website, and to contact site visitors for marketing purposes.
Links to other websites
Our website and e-newsletters may contain links to third-party websites, for whose information practices Wildscreen USA is not responsible. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We use IP addresses to help analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to the address above or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each e-newsletter will give you the option to stop receiving information but your email address and other account details will remain active in our database in case you wish to re-subscribe in the future.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. In order to help provide our products or services, we occasionally provide information to other organizations that work on our behalf.
Collection and Storage of Information for Children Under 13
Wildscreen USA is committed to complying fully with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). We may collect and store personal information about kids under 13 if it is submitted to our Site with the parent's verifiable consent. If you are under 13, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Wildscreen USA's website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
We may amend this policy from time to time. We will state clearly on our website any substantial changes to the way in which we use your personal information.
This website is © Wildscreen USA. Material contained in this site is © Wildscreen USA or its contributors.
Use of www.wildscreenusa.org is provided by Wildscreen USA subject to the following conditions:
- By using www.wildscreenusa.org you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not use our site.
- Wildscreen USA may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Wildscreen.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use www.wildscreenusa.org content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any www.wildscreenusa.org content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the site content requires the prior written permission of Wildscreen USA.
- You agree to use www.wildscreenusa.org only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the site. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the site.
- www.wildscreenusa.org content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Wildscreen USA, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Under no circumstances will Wildscreen USA be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of www.wildscreenusa.org regardless of the form of action.
- Wildscreen USA does not warrant that functions contained in www.wildscreenusa.org content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that www.wildscreenusa.org or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
The names, images and logos identifying Wildscreen USA and its initiatives or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Wildscreen USA, its initiatives and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the Wildscreen USA, its initiatives, or any other third party.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia.
Wildscreen USA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington DC.